Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Open

Knock it off.

I refuse to write by pussyfooting around other people's potentially hurt feelings.  If something I have written has hurt your feelings, take a step back and realize: I probably didn't mean it that way!  I haven't set this blog as one that requires permission to read, but today I contemplated it.  However, then I would find myself pussyfooting because I would know my exact audience.  I write with the assumption that anyone in my life could read this.  When I'm writing about someone in particular I keep in mind that that exact someone could read it, and ask myself if I would be OK with their reaction to it.  I'm vague in some cases for a reason, don't read into it thinking you know what it is that I'm trying to say.  If you're curious about what I'm really talking about in some cases, please, PLEASE just ask me.  Believe it or not, I'll probably tell you exactly what's up.  Or if I'm not comfortable disclosing it, I'll thank you for your interest and let you know that I'm not in a place to explain further, for example things in regard to my work since a lot of it is confidential.

Anyhow, I hope to continue leaving this blog as open to all.  My previous blog (on MySpace) was nice because I could set some posts to a specific audience and some for everyone.  I miss that option greatly, but haven't found another blog like it.  Until then I will continue writing, and I will not pussyfoot around your potentially hurt feelings.

Oh and in case you're wondering, yes, this is written towards a specific person who decided to interpret my words into something else entirely, and instead of coming to me directly they sobbed about it to someone else.

KNOCK.  IT.  OFF.

0 comments:

Post a Comment