Your brother finally got to feel you kick!! The look on his face portraying pure joy will forever be engraved in my mind. Since then he is constantly asking if you are kicking. When we are looking through baby stuff online he often will say "We should get that for my baby" or "I think my baby would like that." The other day at Walmart he said he wanted to get shoes for you. I am astonished by how much he thinks of you.
The number of people noticing how much you have caused my belly to expand has increased significantly. One woman particularly at work just now noticed that I'm pregnant, she did a double take, pointed at you with a big smile asking "When did that happen!?" It's a beautiful feeling being reminded of your presence by so many people in my life.
My friend Nessa gave me a box of baby clothes that I keep going through to remind myself that you're a girl. I'm still feeling as though you're too good to be true...it's hard to fully explain. One thing is for sure, I love you and I can't wait to meet you. There's a little girl in the infant room at my work that I swear you're going to look like, fluffy blonde hair, blue eyes, adorable as all goodness, she wears the most adorable bows with her hair up like a water fountain on top her head. I can't wait to hold you...well, I can wait...I'm looking forward to the day.
I remember how phenomenal it was to give birth to your brother, how intense, how focused I was. I'm sure as the day creeps closer I'll encounter the same fear I had before having him, the overwhelming feeling of being unprepared. Hopefully I can approach things with even more confidence this time.
I love you through and through, yesterday, today and tomorrow too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment