Spit
How do I learn to trust?
To know it is beyond lust?
My gut tells me to go
because I already know
Another man is done
just as I've begun
I put on this facade
Pretend I'm not flawed
Hold my head up high
Give it my best try
What else should I to do?
When faced with a shrew
I don't want to stay guarded
To avoid getting discarded
But when there's a risk to take
My foot is hovering the brake.
I want to be ready
For a hand to hold steady
Pick myself up again
Know it's not all men
I'll keep changing
And rearranging
Rome wasn't built in a day
My skies are far from grey
At least one things for sure...
The pattern is broken
I'm not so soft spoken
At the rate of things
I'll get some strings
I want them attached
To whom I am matched
1 comments:
You should continue writing Amanda
Post a Comment