Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Just Live


I reached the end of the Bear hunt. Found the cave, crept in, avoiding any foolish movements that could end badly. Achieved relief. Life isn't about what's at the end of a hunt, it's about the journey. In the end the Bear was already dead. At first glance it would seem that becoming a ninja turtle was unnecessary, but I think not. Now I can handle Bears as they come, instead of running away from them only to return to unfinished business.

I keep waiting for life to get easier; less mistakes, less risk, more reward. Easier. But I'm thinking that maybe it doesn't. Maybe the struggle of the climb, one obstacle after another, maybe that's just life. And you'd think that that would be a depressing thought, that there's no end to all of the--I don't know--that it doesn't get easier, that it just gets different. But it's not, it is not. It's the opposite of depressing. There's a relief in it. Life is complex. There's nothing simple or easy about it. So I can stop waiting for it...I can stop waiting. And I can just live.

2 comments:

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

Love the Ninja Turtle thing.

Bama said...

CONGRATSS!! Yay!!

Post a Comment