Day 94 - What you’re doing right now
When I first sat down to write about what I was doing, my son walked in and told me it was time for cake. Instead of getting a picture of me sitting on my bed typing on my laptop, you get this picture. I was wishing my step dad a happy birthday. Bear was waiting all day long for some cake. After breakfast this morning he told me he ate all his food, I told him way to go, and then he asked for cake. That's just how a 3 year old's mind works, if you eat all your food then you get a treat...which is true, that's pretty much how we've patterned him. He doesn't always get something, but he has learned that he must eat all or usually most of his food in order to get dessert. I was impressed that he didn't even ask for the cake when he first saw it, he instead asked for breakfast. I should have realized right away his thought process, but I didn't. He didn't even end up eating all of his cake. I love that he doesn't eat all of something just to clear his plate, I feel that he is learning how to listen to his body and know when he is full.

0 comments:
Post a Comment