In five days it will have been one year since the worst experience of my life. I won't say it was the worst day, because it wasn't, he doesn't get credit for ruining jack shit. He didn't ruin my day, he didn't ruin my month, my year, nor will he ruin me or my life. Yes, as a result, I am changed, but even watching a movie can change a person.
Which comes to my next stop on this bear hunt. "The" movie. I've been avoiding it for a year, I got it for Christmas and it won't be long before the gifter asks me if I liked it or not. I'd like to have a response, I'd like to avoid telling another lie as a result of what I endured a year ago, because trust me...just telling a lie crossed my mind. Lies are easy, but the second they come out of your mouth they deteriorate whatever it touches, like acid.
I'm a "jump back on the horse" type of person. I can't count the numerous occasions that life has knocked me down and I have gotten back up, maybe not gracefully, and maybe not even successfully at first, but I never let the first road bump or even a Berlin Wall stop me.
Right now feels more like a Berlin Wall, I must admit. Fortunately there's only one watch tower, and only one soldier who can shoot me down. That one soldier happens to be one and the same as I, meaning only I can bring myself down, only I can cause the ultimate defeat. I am my worst enemy and biggest defender.
This Bear Hunt means that I can't just go over this Berlin Wall, I must go through it. I must demolish it, leave nothing left but dust particles.
1 comments:
Go for it you can do it!!!
Post a Comment