You're
right about the "S", here's the link:
What
can I say, I understand your Mom and Todd's feelings. It isn't that they
don't approve, or that they aren't very proud of you, it's that we see so much
more of your qualities and talent than you can see in yourself.
Believe it or not, that's the truth. I know as parents we always
seem disapproving and strong-arming, but that is entirely NOT the case. We
just want you to "be all that you can be" (is that ethical to quote army lingo
to a navy brat?). And yes, we fear for your safety. And yes, we're
selfish. And yes, we will miss terribly not having access to you
whenever we want. And yes, we wish you would have talked to us about it
first. And yes, it's too late to talk about it so why the heck am I going
there?
So ...
you'll have to be patient with us in our old age (as we hopefully
were, or at least tried to be, when you were a little
girl) ... and know that you are loved unconditionally (and more than
you can ever imagine) ... and strive to get into the medical programs in
the Navy (and still become a CSI because that's really cool) ... and
pray you are stationed in Hawaii (and win the state lottery so you can send
for all of us to come visit you there) ... and pray I don't beat your butt
when I see you at graduation (because I'm too fat to fit into any of my dresses
anymore and my weight will kill you - hmmmm, that's a thought, broken legs or
crushed ribs at graduation and you couldn't go to boot
camp???)!!!!!
Love
the picture with your hat, love you always, but still hate the Navy -
Love, Other Mother XOXOXO
P.S. Just a thought, people that are red/green color blind cannot
be accepted into the Navy.
After receiving this e-mail the following was my response:
HI!!! I LOVE YOU!! Thank you for the support, but I have great
news, guess what day it is? It's APRIL FOOLS
DAY!! More good news...you dont even have to wear a dress to my
graduation, how cool is that! Mom definately won't. Sorry for the
heartattack. Don't call dad and tell him yet, cuz i want him to read the
e-mail. I figure, last year I told everyone I was engaged, so I had to
beat that. I was hoping people would realize the date...but I suppose
not. Anywho, Patty, I love you, thank you. It shows how great of
an other mother you truly are...even if you contemplated breaking my legs...I
know it's out of love :D. I LOVE YOU! Lots of hugs from afar
:)
enjoy your april fools day
-Your other daughter
Followed by Patty's reply:
enjoy your april fools day
-Your other daughter
Followed by Patty's reply:
I fell
for it hook, line and sinker, you brat - I am definitely going to sit on
you when I get there, Navy aside!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad this
was an April Fools...and what the heck are you doing up at 2 AM...and why aren't
you at school now!!!!
Love
you always, Other Mother XOXO
0 comments:
Post a Comment