Finally! I finally get to talk about my baby! Baby is now the size of a lime. I finally got to see baby via ultrasound. I also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, which is beating 180 beats per minute, which is great. Old wives tales say that a high heart rate means it's a girl, so for now I'm going to refer to the baby as a her, because saying "it" just doesn't feel right. Hearing the heart beat and seeing her move brought tears to my eyes. She was moving around, waving, and sucking her thumb already. I'm so glad there's only one, and not twins. I asked the doctor to be SUPER sure of it, which wasn't a problem because she loves doing ultrasounds and seeing pictures, she was pretty funny talking to the baby just as I do...when I'm alone though, haha.A few people had already guessed that I was pregnant based on my Facebook postings and such. Some people I shared the info with early because they just straight up asked. See, it's true what I said, if you want to know about something I'm alluding to in my blog, simply ask.
My weight compared to last week's appointment is down by two pounds. Last week I was 128, today I am 126. Doc wasn't concerned, she explained that baby is measuring exactly how she should at 11 weeks so all is well. Same thing happened when I was pregnant with Colbert, lost weight during the first trimester and then it fluctuated during the second, followed by becoming a balloon in the third. My doctor then was very concerned about Bear's growth and did extra ultrasounds and such, predicting that he would be like a 5 pound baby, pfft...he was 7 pounds 12 ounces.
The doctor predicts that my due date is January 10th, 2013...which I disagree with by 5 days. I know the exact conception date...which maybe I'll argue with her next time. Same thing happened with Colbert, they estimated his due date to be May 6th, but I explained that I knew the exact conception date and it was adjusted to April 26th. Had he continued baking for another 7 days he would have been a pound heavier, no thanks.I asked Colbert again if the baby in my tummy is a boy or a girl. He said "Hmm...well...a boy...or maybe a girl." He was able to properly predict with a few other women, maybe he's just lost his mojo. The appointment to find out the gender is 9 weeks away. Which is going to drive me insane waiting that long...remember what I said in my previous post, how impatient this pregnancy has made me. Ugh.
We already have names picked out, we had picked out 3 boy names and 2 girl names back when we were first dating 7 years ago. The names left are: Delilah Joy or Hazel Mackenzie, and Alexander Sebastian or Logan James. So far I'm thinking Delilah if a girl, and Alexander if a boy. The name Delilah came from the song "Hey there, Delilah" and Joy from Roger's grandmother. Hazel comes from my grandmother, Mackenzie comes from the first little girl that I fell in love with when I first started teaching, she wasn't even in my class but when I saw her I thought to myself "That is exactly what my future daughter will look like," which I'm pretty sure is accurate because Colbert looks like the male version of her. The name Alexander comes from my favorite book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, and Sebastian as in Sebastian from The Little Mermaid and although my middle name, Ariell, doesn't come from the movie I love the Little Mermaid...clearly, given that I have a tattoo of her on my shoulder blade. Then there's Logan James...it's a name that Roger came up with and he likes it...but I have a nephew with a similar name soo I'm not too keen on it. Then there's the name Tandy Danielle...however, Roger dislikes it greatly, so I let that name go.
You can pretty much guarentee that I will be bombarding my blog with baby updates. A lot of Dear Baby ones, so for those who care about my pregnancy they can read that and those who don't it will be easy to avoid. We'll see if I muster up the ability to write about anything else other than baby. We shall see.

1 comments:
I LOVE your most recent post. I love the dear baby comments. It reminds me of that sad movie waitress with the way you address it dear baby. Anyway, totally love it and hope I remember to do something similar. I can't believe vivid ultra sounds are these days. Well I love he/she already.
Post a Comment