Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Went

Day 84 - A place you went today




Today we went to Bear's pediatrician.  This morning he woke up crying and holding his ear.  He was fine after a few minutes, but I had slight mother's intuition that it was ear infection.  I should have known earlier, since he acts up more when he has an ear infection, loses his ability to be sweet and such.  It was an ear infection of course.  Anyways...I'm digressing, the point is the picture above.  The pediatrician's office has this HUGE white board for the children to draw on.  While we were waiting Colbert was drawing and along came this little girl and she decided to draw him.  She drew just an outline of his upper half, then asked him what the picture was missing.  It was the coolest experience, to watch this little girl patiently wait for him to look at the picture, think about his self and decide what the picture was missing.  The part that made me laugh was when his head was nearly finished and the girl asked what else was missing, Colbert said he didn't know.  Instead of telling him right away, she said "Something really big on your head." He still couldn't figure it out.  Then the girl said "Your ears silly!" He grabbed his ears, laughed and said "OHhh!" Then he came to me and said "My ears aren't big, I can't fly."  It took me a second to realize what he meant by it.  Then I realized what has big ears and can fly.  Dumbo.  I suppose Colbert is right, his ears must not be big if he can't fly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment