Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dear Baby (10) back pain

Only one more week until we can dub you a Xander or DJ.  Which are the short nicknames we've given you thus far.  I'm sure once you're born it will change.  When I was pregnant with your brother I thought I would call him Cole, in fact he was called Cole for about 3 weeks or so after he was born, but somehow became Bear.  It suits him more.  Your father calls you Big Al, or Seabass...neither of which I'm a huge fan of.

They say that second pregnancies are 2 months ahead in terms of pain and how you feel and such...I had to start using an elastic band on my pants 2 months earlier this time from my hips already widening, my nausea seemed to start at conception, and the lower back pain has been such an early enduring joy.  I don't know what you're doing in there, shoving your foot into my spine, or pressing on some important nerve, but you've made me fall a handful of times already.  Literally, fall onto my hands and knees.  The first time it happened I was carrying a plate of food...my instinct told me to save the food and avoid hurting you.  I did just that.  I somehow maneuvered myself in such a way that in mid fall I maintained balancing the plate and evenly fell on my knees and bent my arms so I was using my forearms to catch me.  As a result I saved dinner and saved you.

Yesterday and today however have not been so graceful.  The pain has increased so much that your father had to carry me from the kitchen to the bedroom so I could call it a night...ahead of schedule by a couple of hours.  Not sure what you think of all the yelling and cussing I've been doing from the pain, but you're getting good at kicking a ton to make sure I don't forget about you, which is impossible to do by the way.

Hopefully I can get in to see a chiropractor sometime in the next few days...this is beyond just typical preggo pains.  I can't put any weight on my left leg currently and hopping on one foot doesn't really work with how imbalanced a body becomes with pregnancy.

I can't wait to find out if we will be buying pink or blue.  Or rather if we'll be buying pink or digging blue out of the barn.  And if we want to get real technical it won't be much pink if you're a girl, I'm more of a fan of the rest of the colors of the rainbow for girls.  You had better be ready to show your stuff here in a week!

I love you through and through, yesterday, today, and tomorrow too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment