Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Duck

Stuck, like a duck, in the muck.
This sciatica insanity is terrible. The chiropractor has been very helpful, but today I think I reversed the progress.  He gave me this awesome wedge made of foam and rubber that I'm suppose to lay on each day, morning and night for 20 minutes, but work up to that gradually to avoid it becoming painful.
Well that plan didn't quite work out the way it was suppose to. I lied down on the floor with it under my back and set an alarm for 6 minutes. The timer went off and I became a duck stuck in the muck.
I'm guessing I was on it for too long, the chiro told me to take it easy at first and would probably need to roll myself off of it. However, when I tried to roll off I encountered excruciating pain...so I lied there...trying to move a variety of ways, strategizing how to get up. After a variety of attempts I realized there was no way I was getting up by myself.  I texted Roger to see if he was close to being home from work yet, let him know I was stuck on the floor.
A little bit later I hear his feet running up the apartment stairs and I've never been happier to hear that sound in my life. Thank God he was already on his way home. I don't have a clue what I would have done otherwise. Maybe sent Bear downstairs to the neighbors with a note explaining how I am stuck and need help. I'd hate to call paramedics for something so silly, but I'd have to if the neighbors weren't there.
That's just how seriously stuck I was though. No way was I going to get up on my own. Plus lying on your back when you're pregnant isn't good for the baby, blocks an important vein called the vena cava.
Guess I'll just have to make sure I only use this wedge when Roger is home.

1 comments:

RITZ said...

Becareful! sounds painful :( so you didnt have this issues while pregnant with Bear?

Post a Comment