Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Half

Day 36 - A picture of your ‘other half'.
Alright, alright, I know that by a picture of my "other half" it means my significant other.  But I'd rather post about the half of me that I don't let shine very often.  My happy side, my confident side, my flirtatious side.  The day of this picture I remember being truly happy, giddy even.  It's the half of me that I wish I could grasp every day of my life.  I still have that rose, it's in my classroom on a branch along with other flowers of importance.  The branch hangs above the rocking chair in my classroom and as I rock babies I look up and I think about those happy flowers.  That rose had other roses that came with it, in a beautiful bouquet, I have one of the roses sitting here in my room, having the same happy effect on me.  Vanessa says that she hates flowers because they just die, but I think roses are perfect for being dried upside down and lasting for so much longer.  Roses aren't my favorite flower, daisies certainly are, but I love their ability to preserve for so much longer.  Daisies just last longer in general, they can sit in a vase of water for weeks at a time being perky and happy and positively beautiful.  Half of me doesn't get to be seen by the world, half of me is too shy to let that through, half of me prefers to keep it reserved for only the rare worthy.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment