Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Prom

Day 75 - You and an old friend


I decided to go with more than just an old friend.  This was my senior prom.  How they managed to get away with a prom theme named after the Paris Hilton "A Night In Paris" sex tape that same year is beyond me.  At any rate, the friends pictured above are the friends that I hung out with the majority of my high school.  My date, Kasey, flew from Utah to be there for me.  Although Kasey didn't go to my high school, he and I talked nearly every night for years.  Helped him with his homework, joked around, never really ran out of things to talk about.  But being the dramatic teen that I was, I ruined that friendship.
The girl in the blue dress is my friend Jenn, she and I talked about boys, and had wood shop together.  I think at one point we had two class periods of wood shop because we liked it that damn much.  We spent more time flirting with the guys than anything else, I must admit.  Andrew, the boy in the white tux, was her date, he was a classy guy, seriously.
Then there's Bonnie in the black dress, and Sandra in the green.  They both had faux dates, Stephen and Ren.  Bonnie was the mom of the group.  She also had many other friends outside of our group so she floated in and out.  We were in a lot of groups together, Future Business Leaders of America, Yearbook, National Honor Society, and something else that I can't remember.  She, Sandra, and I had a blast together being immature girls that no one should ever be deprived of.  We never did anything illegal, that I recall, and we had fun in simple ways, always full of laughter.  Bonnie was also the negotiator when Sandra and I would fight, we fought often and after about a week would become friends again.
 Stephen, in the orange, was a great guy, wonderful sense of humor.  One of my memories with him was whenever I hit him he'd say it was a hate crime, which I was quick to correct him that it was only half of a hate crime, because he was only half black.  Then I'd specify that I was hitting his white half.  He always grew out his fro and we'd always joke about things getting lost inside of it.  I remember being very sad when his mom would cut his fro for the summer.
Ren, behind Sandra, is a genius, so easy to make him blush.  He's the only reason why I passed biology and Spanish (thanks Ren!).  He had a wonderful laugh, his laugh always made me laugh.  No matter how sad I was it seemed like Ren could always cheer me up.  He also gave the best hugs.  The last time I saw him was the night that I got drunk for the first time, oddly enough.  We were at a mutual friend's house for a cocktail party, playing apples to apples.  I was a silly goofy drunk, and I think it's the only way I could effectively play apples to apples considering how little knowledge I have about the world.  I miss Ren.

1 comments:

Bama said...

I was so shocked when I saw this pic. I was sitting here trying to figure out when Timpview had a prom with that theme while you were still here! That's awesome that Kasey flew out there!

Post a Comment